So, I actually finished some of my comic book work (insert thunderous applause), and put up the prints for our final uni exhibition, in the grand theater, Swansea.
Really rather happy with how the front cover came out, but to be honest, not so happy with the comic pages, and I think I may redo them on photoshop like the cover (as there were originally pen and ink).
My attempt at a post at least once a month has failed, but will be made up with a few this month…
First of all is the finals from my self promotion project (Logo design/ Business card design/ postcard design). The logo idea is basically a complete revamp of one of my go!tees designs from last year, it’s crazy how much has changed in a year… The postcard design was made to be part of a set, I may go back and do the rest after I finish uni. Definitely my best work done on adobe illustrator so far, I’m pretty happy with how it turned out…
Here are a couple of tasters from my comic book project (which is still ongoing). They aren’t really finals, I just needed to make them to throw into our uni exhibition brochure, but you get the gist.
An external project I undertook at uni has (pretty much) been finished. The brief asked for a illustration to be made for a poster to advertise a production of Macbeth in Neath (and possibly elsewhere).The final image was made of a lino print and tidied up on photoshop as it came out not-so-great. The piece is compliant with what the client wanted, but isn’t exactly my style. I might upload what I really wanted to do another time…
A fellow illustrationist at uni, Tom Ward, also made a design for this project, and it was b.a.d.a.s.s. so check it out.
Here are a couple of designs I made for a valentine’s day card sale in order to raise money for our end of year exhibition and for the christian lewis trust, they sold reasonably well so I’m happy as larry.