A few months ago I was invited to a workshop in Denmark with seven other illustrators/ designers to find five people to fill graphic designer openings. They requested some ‘home work’ before the trip, a self portrait and a logo. These were my submissions. They were reasonably rushed as I had just started another job, but didn’t come out too bad. Take a look-see.
First of all, I know I have been rather terrible with posts lately, and I apologise, but anyway… Mr Jackson’s website has been updated! A big congratulations and thank you goes to him for linking to my site. What a star.
Or am I just jumping the shark?.. This lil fella is based on a drawing I did at New Designers earlier in the month with my cohorts from the Swansea Met. illustration crew.
Will they? I don’t care (I do). Here is a little comic strip I have been dying to do for a little while. More to come? Maybe, Do you care? Definitely.
(Can you tell? (Don’t answer that)) Here is something I drew for a portfolio submission to somewhere…
This is my submission for the Qwertee logo redesign competition they have on atm. If you head over now you can see the present robot they’ve got, yeah, now you know why they wanted it redone huh?.. Just kidding, but it definitely needed some work. They wanted the new design to be as similar as possible to the present one, but with all the limbs this time.
OK, so this was done for uni, about a month ago, but I don’t care. OK? OK.
So, I actually finished some of my comic book work (insert thunderous applause), and put up the prints for our final uni exhibition, in the grand theater, Swansea.
Really rather happy with how the front cover came out, but to be honest, not so happy with the comic pages, and I think I may redo them on photoshop like the cover (as there were originally pen and ink).
My attempt at a post at least once a month has failed, but will be made up with a few this month…
First of all is the finals from my self promotion project (Logo design/ Business card design/ postcard design). The logo idea is basically a complete revamp of one of my go!tees designs from last year, it’s crazy how much has changed in a year… The postcard design was made to be part of a set, I may go back and do the rest after I finish uni. Definitely my best work done on adobe illustrator so far, I’m pretty happy with how it turned out…
An external project I undertook at uni has (pretty much) been finished. The brief asked for a illustration to be made for a poster to advertise a production of Macbeth in Neath (and possibly elsewhere).The final image was made of a lino print and tidied up on photoshop as it came out not-so-great. The piece is compliant with what the client wanted, but isn’t exactly my style. I might upload what I really wanted to do another time…
A fellow illustrationist at uni, Tom Ward, also made a design for this project, and it was b.a.d.a.s.s. so check it out.